5 predictions for Chinese New Year 201605 February, 2016
Chinese New Year is fast approaching – 2016, year of the fire monkey, is upon us. The question is, what does it hold? Well traditionally it's an era of building and forging ahead. It's a year of blazing opportunity and excitement. While all of that might seem a little out of place in our modern world, financial predictors aren’t necessarily disagreeing. Here are 5 predictions for the upcoming year;
- Commodities will continue a worrying slump over the next 12 months – Financial Times
- The US federal Reserve’s increase in interest rate will create uncertainty in the market – SCMP
- China’s GDP growth will slow but will be stable – Nomura
- The Hong Kong property market will be good for buyers and bad for developers -UBS
- Lastly, Jamie Dimon, CEO of J P Morgan, has stated that “Silicon Valley is coming,” marking a shake up of our existing financial systems.