- What is Monexo?
Monexo Innovations Limited is an online peer-to- peer lending marketplace with an aim to bring together screened borrowers and savvy lenders so that both can benefit financially. It was incorporated in 2014 with a mission to create a simple, fast and convenient alternative to traditional credit services. We assist lenders to achieve better returns by creating their own loan portfolio of screened borrowers. We use technology to lower costs and deliver an incredible experience. This facilitates borrowers in getting competitive interest rates.
- How does Monexo work?
The entire process is online, using technology to lower the cost of credit and pass the savings back in the form of lower rates for borrowers and solid returns for lenders.
- Customers interested in a loan need to complete a simple application form through www.monexo.co.
- Monexo screens the information, determines an interest rate and presents loan offers to qualified borrowers - which get listed in the Monexo marketplace.
- Lenders - ranging from individuals to institutions - select loans in which they want to participate and can earn monthly returns.
- Why is it safe to lend or borrow money at an online marketplace such as Monexo?
We are 100% committed to providing outstanding products and customer service, and protecting the safety and security of your personal information. Our security measures comply with legal requirements and are designed to meet industry standards.
Monexo has appointed Hong Kong Trust Company an independent administrator to handle financial transactions of customers.
- Is my personal/financial information safe with Monexo?
- How does Monexo protect personal/financial information?
We take privacy and security seriously.
- We use sophisticated physical, procedural and technical safeguards to ensure the security of your information.
- The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) seal that you see on our website indicates an encrypted connection.
- Additionally, we have anti-malware protection which constantly monitors the system for potential attacks.
- We ensure password safety with stringent rules defined for passwords.
- We have 2-factor authentication in our process where the customer has to enter a One Time Password (OTP) that he receives on his mobile phone on submission of application form. Additionally, everytime a lender funds a loan in the marketplace, he is required to fill in the OTP he receives.
- How can I assure myself that I am connected to Monexo?
Monexo employs the latest internet security measure with the adoption of the EV SSL Certificate (Extended Validation SSL Certificate) which will instantly let you know that you're on a genuine Monexo website.
You will see a change to the URL address bar area at the top of your browser when you visit the secure sessions in the Monexo website (indicated by "https://" at the beginning of the URL). The name of the certificate owner (Monexo Innovations Limited) will be displayed either on the URL address bar or near the top of the browser indicating the successful verification of the site's identity.
- Is Monexo regulated?
Currently Monexo is not regulated under any financial or banking regulations. Nevertheless, we bring the best practices of Peer-to-Peer lending platforms in international markets in introducing this platform in Hong Kong. We comply with the Hong Kong Government’s directives against the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities. We obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person opening an account. We also don’t accept any cash transactions and deal only with Hong Kong residents with a Hong Kong ID and a Hong Kong bank account.
- Is Monexo a money lender?
Monexo is not a registered money lender and does not lend money. Monexo has created a peer- to-peer lending marketplace in which we connect screened borrowers to lenders who are looking for a better rate of return compared to savings account and fixed deposits.
- Is Monexo a collective investment scheme?
No. Monexo is not a collective investment scheme. We do not manage your money. We are a marketplace that offers options for lenders to build their loan portfolio based on the risk they are willing to take while lending money individually to borrowers. We bring the best practices of peer–to–peer lending from the international market.
- What are the advantages of using an online marketplace?
An online marketplace offers you the flexibility of access 24/7 from the convenience of your home or office. You will have the ability to access your own information online, at any time. Your access to the marketplace is just a mouse click away.
- How does customer service work with an online marketplace?
We are happy to serve you on the phone +852 2861 8757, WhatsApp +852 9548-0040, via email email@example.com and through a live chat. We are here to provide you with the best possible service, using technology to make it happen!
- Where can I find legal terms and policies?
At every stage of the online process, we display the legal terms and conditions which you should read carefully before making any decision.