Are You Willing to Take Up a Career in Aviation Industry?25 September, 2019
The aviation industry is growing dramatically across the world, which in turn provides numerous employment opportunities. There are many professional courses which helps you to prepare for pursuing a career as an air hostess.
This step by step guide covers everything you need to know about becoming an air hostess.
Eligibility or qualifications for an air hostess in India:
The minimum educational qualification for taking up an air hostess course is 10+2. The age limit usually varies depending upon the institutes. Most of the academies prefer candidates within the age group of 17 -26 years.
The minimum eyesight requirement is 6/9. The minimum height required must be 5.2” or 158 cm. The Body Mass Index must also be in proportion. In addition to that, you must know English, Hindi. The candidate should not have a history of mental illness.
This job also expects candidates to have certain behavioral skills other than their education.
- They should be able to communicate properly with the travellers and help them out if they are in need of anything. Language proficiency is a must.
- Just consider, there is an emergency landing, then the air hostess has to act with the presence of mind to give all the required instructions to the passengers on board.
- Teamwork plays an important role. The person has to work with the entire cabin crew. Usually, a cabin crew in a normal domestic flight consists of around 12 – 15 members.
- The person should be ready to work for long hours. Flight delays are very common and hence sometimes the extra effort is needed. Above all, a positive mindset is required to take up this job.
Every airline company conducts an examination for recruiting an air hostesses. The entire selection process can be divided into 3 stages.
Written Examination: Written exam covers two sections, aptitude and reasoning. The exam pattern is of multiple type of objective questions.
Group Discussion: Here, different skills will be considered. Like, presence of mind, teamwork, communication skills, your attitude, leadership qualities, etc.
Interview: The final round is a face to face interview. Your overall personality will be judged in this final round. If selected, then the company will train you for the next six months.
The average career span of an air hostess is eight to ten years. Later, she can move to the ground duties which include the job of Ground Hostess, Check Hostess, training of air hostess, or working with the management level.
If you are willing to take up air hostess as your career, then you need to join for a course depending upon your educational qualification. The course fee depends upon the training institutes.
This is for the 10+2 candidates. The duration of a course is from 6 months to 1 Year. The list of some certification courses are
- Air Hostess Training
- Air Hostess Management
- Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant
- Aviation Management and Hospitality
- Aviation Customer Service
- Airlines Hospitality
These diploma courses can also be pursued after 10+2. But PG Diploma courses can be done only after completing your graduation.
The duration of the course is from 6 months to 1 year. The courses offered in Diploma in Air Hostess Training are
- Diploma in Hospitality and Travel Management
- Diploma in Aviation and Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant Training
The duration of this course is 3 years long. And you must have completed 10+2. The courses are as follows.
- B.Sc. Aviation
- B.Sc. in Air Hostess Training
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Travel Management
Air Hostess Training Academies in Chennai
If you want to make your dream come true of becoming an Airhostess, then you should join any one of the following institutes for taking up a course in Chennai
- PTC Aviation Academy
- Air Hostess Academy
- Chennai Aviation Academy
- Universal Airhostess Academy Pvt. Ltd.
- Fly Air Aviation
After completing your training process, you can be hired by any of the following airlines.
- Air India
- Go Air
- Alliance Air
- Gulf Air
- British Airways
- Singapore Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Cathay Pacific
- Qantas Airlines
The salary may differ for every airline company. Normally, the salary of an air hostess may range from Rs 30,000 to Rs 90,000 per month. Domestic airlines pay up to Rs 50,000/month, and international airlines pay up to Rs 70,000/month. Some luxurious international airways pay around Rs.2 to 3 lakh per month to the senior air hostesses. Perks like medical insurance, discounts on flight tickets, and retirement benefits are also provided.
Are you considering to take up a career in the aviation industry? Monexo offers education loans up to Rs. 5,00,000.
Click here to register yourself for an Educational Loan https://www.monexo.co/in/campaigns/education-loan