Best wedding venues in Chennai on a budget07 September, 2019
By Aishwarya Raj
Are you about to jump start with your wedding arrangements in Chennai? When it comes to a wedding, the first and foremost decision is to get a pleasant wedding venue in the city. Tying a knot in Chennai means the options available are numerous - so choosing a wedding venue can be a very daunting experience.
Did you know? There are around 2000+ venues in Chennai. Sounds challenging? Relax.
How to shortlist a venue?
- The wedding venues in Chennai usually have a high demand for such muhurtham or auspicious dates. Hence, it is advisable to have at least 3-4 alternate dates kept ready before you start searching for venues.
- You have to detail your requirements in terms of your budget, preferred area, the number of people, etc. Once done, you’ll get enough options that you need to shortlist and visit. Defining your needs is probably the most important factor otherwise, you will end up in checking availability, but unfortunately only to find it’s not being good enough.
- It’s important to make sure whether you’re checking out the prices from different possible sources before shortlisting the venue.
- When it comes to a wedding in Chennai, there exists a diverse indoor and outdoor venue options. It not only includes conventional places like Kalyana mandapams, banquet halls in various star hotels, different outdoor spaces but also has some unique spaces. Similarly, they do catering for different budgets.
Budget banquet halls in Chennai
Here are some budget banquet halls ranging from Rs 400 to 700 per head. Here are some of them:
There are three facilities in the hotel, i.e., silver maple, red maple and conference hall. Also, this place also allows DJ, outdoor catering and outside decorators. Parking is also available. Amenities like overhead projector are also available. A normal vegetarian lunch & dinner plan starts from Rs 460 per head. For non-vegetarian lunch & dinner it’s Rs 500 per head.
The facility here allows disc jockey and outside decorators .Adding to the point, the amenities offered includes overhead projector, conferencing phone, valet parking, etc. Also, the food package starts from Rs 460 per head. Traditional South Indian menus are also served. They do buffet and also leaf service to the guests, however it depends on what kind of food servicing you choose.
Address: Plot No.3, Parvathi Ammal Street, Annamalai Avenue, Shakti nagar, Porur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600116.
This is a budget hotel where the traditions of modern style and hospitality are combined. It is well suitable for chamber weddings, where the only goal is to bring all the members of the family and close friends together to enjoy a cozy evening. The facility here allows Wi-Fi / Internet, Stage, TV Screens and projectors. They also provide a modern mini hall for small gatherings.
Address: 2/181, State Highway 49, East Coast Road, Hanuman Colony, Cholamandal Artists Village, Injambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600115
Food Village is a kind of original space where one can throw a wedding in a lively and pleasant setting ranging from Rs 400 to 700 Rs per head. They are providing two open lawns for marriages and parties. They also pamper you with delicious dishes from the national cuisine.
Address: No.41, Periyar Rd, Near Axis Bank, Dharmapuram, T. Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600017
This place is prominently located right at the core of Chennai. This feature makes this place to be preferred to the most. The cosy parts of this venue can fit in 90 - 100 people. They already have an in-house planners whom would assist you in creating a tailored and wonderful package for your needs. The package varies from Rs. 450 to Rs. 600 based on the choices you make.
This Eldoris hotel has two banquet halls. It also has one poolside venue which can accommodate 100 to 200 guests. And the other hall can accommodate around 40 to 200 guests. Also, the facility allows DJ. The amenities offered here are parking DVD player, LCD projector, microphone, sound system, writing board, overhead projector etc. Furthermore, vegetarian food package starts from Rs 600 per head. And the non-vegetarian package starts from Rs 750 per head.
You can also check out https://chennai.wedding.net/venues/?veg_plate=0 for more number of wedding venues in Chennai which fits in with your budget.
Can I get a Wedding Loan?
Monexo, the online P2P lending platform simplifies the process of getting a loan. With minimum document requirements and a straightforward process, you can get a loan easily. Here are the eligibility criteria.
- You are a resident of Chennai with a monthly salary of ₹15,000 (should be credited to your bank account).
- Last two months’ salary slips.
- Bank statement showing the salary of the last three months.
- Address proof.
- Copy of your Aadhaar card.
That’s all Monexo requires to process your loan application. Wish you the best for making good choices for your wedding.