Checklist for planning a wedding09 September, 2019
By Aishwarya Raj
Planning a wedding in Chennai is a humongous task! From booking a venue to tying a knot on the wedding day, the options you have to make are boundless. A wedding plan checklist must be the very first thing you need to print off when you're ready to jump-start with your wedding plans. Looking for a quick checklist for your wedding day?
We have a list of things you need to check which helps you to keep track of everything and makes you stress-free on your big day.
12 Months before the wedding
- Shortlist around 3- 4 muhurtham dates.
- Select a day to tie a knot from those shortlisted dates.
- Fix your budget.
- Finalize the wedding style.
- Book a wedding venue.
- Choose a wedding planner.
- Decide on things like a number of guests, location and time for the wedding.
9 Months before the wedding
- Save the date messages.
- Shopping for wedding stuff - dress, jewelry, etc.
- Check & finalize wedding attire.
- Hire photographer and/or videographer.
- Hire a music band if needed.
- Book rooms for out-of-town guests.
- Plan honeymoon - Destination, Air tickets, Accommodation, Passport, Visa, etc.
6 Months Before the Wedding
- Wedding invitations - Design & Order.
- Catering menu - Discuss & Finalize.
- Select tables, chairs, dishware, serving tables for rent if needed.
- Plan for bridal shower & bachelorette party.
- Select wedding hair & makeup
2-4 Months Before the Wedding
- Finalize the guest list.
- Send out invitations to the guests.
- Select music for pre-wedding, reception, etc.
- Finalize the makeup artist and hairstylist.
- Organize wedding transportation - to and from the venue.
- Check for marriage registration details.
1-2 Months Before the Wedding
- Sample check - makeup artist & hairstylist.
- Finalize hair and makeup - Style.
- Final venue walk-through with all vendors.
1-2 Weeks Before the Wedding
- Make payments for all services.
- Finalize wedding day schedule and share it with vendors.
- Provide the caterer/reception venue, final headcount.
- Reconfirm all plans with service providers - Photographer, DJ, musicians, Makeup & Hair, Mehndi, etc.
- Finalize seating arrangements.
- Confirm all the rental delivery times.
The day before your wedding
- Review this checklist and make sure that everything is on the go.
- Arrange a person to return rental items after the wedding.
- Arrange for someone who helps in coordinating reception food and beverage layout and receipt with the caterer on the wedding day.
- Give in charge to someone to coordinate reception site and stage-to manage emcee, DJ, entertainers, site lighting, etc.
- Provide the details of wedding day timelines to all service providers.
The Big Day
- Relax, have a glass of water, and get ready with your attire.
- Make sure you have your food.
- Do your “Saat Phere”.
- Enjoy your day.
After the Wedding
- Check out the gifts and make a list.
- Meet the vendors and thank them.
- Calculate your budget & expenditures.
- Meet with photographer/videographer to receive photos, videos, and albums.